From:
Jenny Scarboro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 May 1998 21:51:00 -0500
Does anyone have a used copy of Vokes and Vokes, "Distribution of
Shallow-water Marine Mollusca, Yucatan Peninsula, Mexico," that they would
be willing to part with?  (Or know someone who might?)  I am continuing to
gather reference  material for the 1999 Honduras survey.

Along the lines of used books, etc., recalling Lynn's tales of Walter
Sage...  I recently acquired a set of early "Of Sea and Shore" backissues.
Each one was carefully stamped with Walter's name and address.  As I
enjoyed my new reading material, I thought of the man who had owned and
enjoyed them long before I.  Wish I had had a chance to meet him -- and Don
Moore and the Vokes whose old Cypraea materials have also passed into my
appreciative hands.

It looks as though Hyatt's "Shell Collector's Handbook" is spoken for.  Is
there any interest in the other book I have available, Walter Freeman
Webb's "Handbook for Shell Collectors"?  I will trade for inexpensive
species of Cypraea, or literature.

Jenny