From:
Helmut Nisters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 20:45:46 +0100
Hi Steven,

there is a great difference between the two species.
In the spots, in the shape, capurserpentis often is
also more flat. we do have both species in the museums
collection and so I can take images with my digital
camera to send you them. I will take to upper part and
the base. I hope this would help. Cypraea
caputserpentis is mostly in Indopazifik and
Philippines.
with best shelling greetings
Helmut

--- Stephen Ross <[log in to unmask]> schrieb:
<HR>
wondering if someone could tell me the differences
between Cypraea caputserpentis and C. caputdraconis,
other then that the latter is endemic to Easter
Island.&nbsp; From the pics I've seen, they look
virtually the same, how do I tell if the one I saw in
the shell shop is really caputdraconis?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>~Stephen~</DIV>
world’s largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail. <a
href='http://g.msn.com/1HM305401/16'>Click

Ihre E-Mail noch individueller? - http://domains.yahoo.de