From:
Carlos Afonso <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Apr 2002 05:18:19 -0800
Hello Alfonso,

Demoulia pinguis, occurs in some localities in the
Algarve (South Portugal), all thought live specimens
are rare. I have collected live specimens from the
localities of Quarteira (1 individual) and Lagos (1
individual). Dead crabbed specimens have been from
recovered Sagres, Lagos, Armação de Pêra, Quarteira
and Tavira. All specimens came from depths from 30 to
45 meters normally in offshore muddy gravel bottom.
In the book Conchas Marinhas de Portugal this specie
is included in the Subfamily NASSARIINAE as Demoulea
obtusata (link, 1807) = Nassarius pinguis (A. Adams,
1851).
Um forte abraço,

Carlos Afonso (South Portugal)