From:
MR ART WEIL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 1998 22:58:05 -0500
Dear Conchlers;
    If it is needed, I apologize. I realize some of you voted for
Bill Clinton, and that Conch-L is probably not the proper place for
political satire.
    But, in real life, I am a historian, critic, tennis teacher, and
something else---but I forget what.
    In teaching American History, I noted that the most notable
presidents of the 20th century were both named Roosevelt and came
from different parties. One of my classes agreed that Jack Kennedy
was the greatest president of the century. When I asked them to list
his accomplishments, I got not a single answer. It's all perception.
That class agreed that the second greatest president was Martin
Luther King.
    I'm sure there's a way to link mollusks to history. I will try to
figure it all out.
             Art