From:
Date:
Mon, 22 Jul 2002 18:00:34 -0600
Geez Bill, a bit grumpy today??!!  Actually, many probably cannot respond
directly.  If they, like me, use the latest Microsoft Outlook program which,
unlike older programs and BETTER programs like Netscape and Eudora, does not
show the originator's address.  Then you are stuck with replying to the list
if the originator did not include his or her email address - hint for anyone
asking a question to the list.

As for the shell portion, it was suggested to me by Jordan Star that I
include a short blurb (that is the technical term editors use for an
article) on an individual private collection in each issue.  Frankly I like
the idea and think a couple or three paragraphs and a picture or two would
be of interest.  I was able to look at a very small portion of Willian
Clendenin's collection and Peggy Williams' collection while at COA.  Both
are very different and both are excellent - even exciting (to a shell
collector).  They made my collection look like I need a professional
organizer to come in and clean it up!  Anyway, as I said, I would like to
start this up and here by ask for any submissions from our membership.  I
will write the article but need a short bio (including facts about the
collection), a picture of the collector, and a couple pictures of the
collection - cabinet, display, favorite shell(s), etc.  I do not need only
museum quality collections like that of Harry Lee's, but smaller ones as
well.  By the way Harry, I am sure everyone would love to see a few picts
and facts about your shell collection and shell library.  A lot of us have
benefitted from your efforts.  And you too Bill.  I know you have a ton of
stuff.

Okay, that is it.  Now back to catalogging my loot from COA!

Tom E (in New Mexico where we can finally see the mountains again)