From:
"H. H. Dijkstra" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 09:31:41 +0100
Dear Ross & Olivier,

As far as I know all the specimens are from the Gulf of Guinea, around Sao
Thome, and were discovered in the late seventeeths and early eighteeths. I
do have some (up to 150 mm) in my pectinoid reference collection. The
specimens are morphologically similar to Nodipecten nodosus (Linnaeus, 1758)
from the Brazilian region. It is impossible, that this species can reach in
a larval stage the West African coast. Therefore, I think it should be
introduced there.

Best wishes,

Henk

Henk H. Dijkstra (Hon. Res. Ass.)
c/o Zoological Museum, Dept. Malacology, University of Amsterdam
PO Box 94766, 1090 GT Amsterdam, The Netherlands
E-mail: [log in to unmask]
Private address:
Gravinneweg 12, 8604 CA Sneek, The Netherlands
E-mail: [log in to unmask]