From:
Sophie Valtat <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Jan 2003 23:25:04 +0100
Hello,

Since I've been on this website I don't collect chitons anymore. But
if you really want :
"The most important part in chiton collecting comes after you find
the specimen. This is the proper removal and preservation of the
specimen. If one does not wish to properly take care of a chiton then
it would be best for all concerned to leave the animal back at the
beach in its natural habitat.
After removing the animal from the rock with a sharp instrument such
as a scalpel or thin knife blade, being careful not to knick its
girdle or mantle, it should be immediately placed on a glass
microscope slide, wooden tongue depressor or some similar smooth
object. This should be done quickly so that the animal does not have
a chance to curl..." : http://home.inreach.com/burghart/#collect

These people might be interested in your chitons : [log in to unmask]

Sophie