From:
Bob Abela <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 18:16:19 +1000
Thanks Bruce, David,

At present, the tank only gets dim light from a tank beside it.
I may try altering "daylight" hours as you suggest Bruce, it's a very
good suggestion.

I agree, cones are crepuscular. But there is always an exception to the
rule. A good example is
Conus californicus which is diurnal.
Refer to "Natural history and evolution patterns in Conus Californicus
Hinds in Reeve, 1844" by Fabio H. A. Costa, La Conchiglia, Jan-March
1996, p 44-52. I'm betting there are other exceptions.

I think I'll go with the name of "Aureus Linus"
...reminds me of a Monty Python character (from The Life of Bryan)
"Maximus Buttus,"
...what can I say, it makes me laugh.

Thanks to all of your for your feedback.
I'll be sure to share other interesting behaviours or
pictures as they happen.

Hafa Adai,
Bob