From:
Betty Jean Piech <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Jun 1998 09:06:17 -0400
Dear Elizabeth:

I have good news and bad news.  I have had four trips to Costa Rica and we
collected numerous places on the Pacific coast.  Each place we went was
great  but the greatest of all was Tamarindo Bay up near the Nicaraguan
Border where one day I turned over a rock and found 5 Pterotyphis lowei.
The bad news is that collecting of any and all shells (and many other
things like orchids) is now completely banned in Costa Rica.  Hope you have
better luck in the that other places you are planning to go.

Betty Jean, The Tall One

>Hi all,
>
>I will be lucky enough during the next 8 months to travel to:
>
>Costa Rica, (staying in San Jose but making trips to the Atlantic and
>Pacific coasts
>The US Gulf Coast from Florida to Galveston Texas, (I will be staying in
Naples)
>the French/Italian Riviera from Marseilles to the Cinque Terra
>Italy's Adriatic from Ancona to near San Marino
>
>Does anybody have tips on good shelling (or even fossiling) spots
>in any of these areas? In Italy I will be staying near Perugia
>along the shores of Lake Trasimeno, and plan to make forays to the coast.
>
>Thanks,
>Elizabeth

Betty Jean Piech
Hockessin DE,USA