From:
lindawbush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Oct 2003 18:45:48 -0400
Hello, Again!

I always learn something when I work on this old
collection.  I have run across a bivalve that reminds me
of Lopha cristagalli, but it is dark brown/black with more
projections than the usual cristagalli.  It is labelled
"Ostrea cyndala," no author.  I cannot find a reference to
such a species in my books or on the internet.
Any ideas what this might be?  It is supposedly from the
Philippines.

The clarification - although we are having an auction at
our club meeting, this is not an internet auction; you
must be present.  And, the shells are not in the same
league as the specimens we all drool over on the internet
auctions.  This is simply the collection of a former
member
who decided he needed the room for something else.  There
are a few rare shells, but over all, the detail of the
data and even the naming leave much to be desired.  We are
enjoying these shells, but I don't want to give the
impression that we are running an auction on a par with
the aforementioned ones.  I just thought that some of the
collectors who are close to our area but not in our club
might enjoy an evening with us.

Cordially,
Linda