From:
Tom Eichhorst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jun 1998 12:35:41 -0700
Betty Jean,

I haven't read on down my incoming messages, so I am sure by now you have
an answer, but here are my two cents.

I would not advise using WD-40.  It is great stuff and I have heard that
some people have used it for their shells - but I don't think it is the
right stuff.  WD-40 will dry and leave a thin, yellowish varnish-like
film.  This will not be noticeable at first but after a while it shows
up.  I used to use it on guns (as it is advertised) and eventually found
this residue.  Silicone, on the other hand seems to leave to visible
residue.  I just use it right out of the spray can.  Spray the shell, let
it sit on a paper towel for a while (30 minutes would be nice but I
usually am in too much of a hurry for that), wipe off any excess with the
same paper towel, and you have a done deal.

As to writing privately, each Conch-L message has the originator's e-mail
address in the "from" block.  Just copy this address into the to block
and you are in business.  You can do this manually or use the edit
function and copy it.  Just copy the address between the carrots.

Tom Eichhorst