Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 2004 20:55:30 -0500
Introduced species have to be eradicated or they will eradicate our
native species in a not too humane manner.

For example the Brazilian Pepper [tree/bush] and Malaleucca [punk tree]
in Florida have to be pulled up by the roots [bulldozed and burned], hope
they dont feel that too much.

What about fuzzy animals such as the feral cats [which is our own pet
owners fault],
trap them and then what? Keep them in cages until they die of old age. A
costly edeavour.

What about neat fuzzy whiskered European Rats? Society seems to kill
them without
any remorse.

Psittacines in Miami, oh no! They are beautiful dont molest them! Wait
until they
start being a pain to someone, then what.

Zebra mussels [just to keep this shell related]? Pretty little critters
but they are a pain
to man made devices and to our native mussels.

So what do we do, set up a committee to select what invasive species
goes and
which one does not.

We must be a bit more practical, hmmm, economical in their removal or
lose the
natives to the invaders!!!