From:
Andrew Grebneff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Feb 2004 07:37:03 +1300
>When I started to display competitively, Gary Rosenberg told me to
>make sure I had the latest information. Well, it seems my Genera
>Muricinae display has caused some favorable discussions, as well as
>unfavorable. I'll leave the meanings to you scholars as I have
>enough trouble with English. I will say, if you only use one of
>Houart's books it can be confusing. I use all 3 of them and still
>had to confer with him on certain things. Ocinebrellus inornatus
>(Recluz, 1851) in on page 79 of "A Review of the Recent
>Mediterranean and Northeastern Atlantic Species of Muricidae."
>Discussions like this, to me, is very beneficial and hopefully
>others. Keep it up.
>
>Harry B

Just remember that because the latest revision places species A in
Genus B (raised from subgeneric level), that revision may not be
objectively correct. That is, don't accept a taxonomic revision just
becaus it is in print!

I am not in any particular opinion with regard to the species here in
question, as I have never had the opportunity to examine a specimen.
I suspect however that Ocinebrellus should be distinct from
Pteropurpura due to its lack of trivarication, but...
--
Andrew Grebneff
Dunedin, New Zealand