Date:
Tue, 30 Mar 2004 19:42:36 -0300
Yes, that´s right. I´ve found many Simnia uniplicata on
gorgonians (but only below 10 m) in Santa Catarina, Brazil, and
they are very hard to see.
By the way, as far as i know, this is the southernmost record of
this species (Wiggers & Magalhães, 2003.)

regards
Fabio Wiggers

 --- Peggy Williams <[log in to unmask]> escreveu: > > I've
never found any Simnia nor seen a live one anywhere.
> Where do they
> > get off calling them "common"?
> >
> They are common some places - several on one gorgonian in
> fact. But
> they're VERY hard to spot unless you're looking specifically
> for them,
> and even hard then. They line up  with the gorgonian and look
> like a
> lump on it. If the coral animals are out, the mantle of the
> simnia
> mimics them.
>
> Peggy
>
>            Peggy Williams: shell collecting trips
>           Visit my website: www.Shelltrips.com
>                                PO Box 575
>                         Tallevast FL 34270
>                            (941) 355-2291

> [log in to unmask] - a forum for informal discussions on
> molluscs
> click leave the list.

Yahoo! Mail - O melhor e-mail do Brasil! Abra sua conta agora:
http://br.yahoo.com/info/mail.html