From:
David Kirsh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jun 2004 08:40:16 +0000
Jim,

So sorry to hear about the demise of St. Joe's Bay, a lovely spot. I stayed
for a week at St. Teresa, a relatively uncommercialized area near
Carrabelle, in 1999 and it looked to me to be under stress already.

This weekend, I went to Holden Beach, NC, and someone on the beach was
remembering years back when "you could find sand dollars and sea horses and
all kinds of things you can't find any more."

There's still a bit left to plunder and the masters of "do what we say and
not what we do" are firmly in charge--unless we the people put them in
check.

David Kirsh
Durham, NC