From:
Jody Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jul 2004 15:24:21 -0500
I've found them during the summer in potted plants at Lowe's in Opelika,
Al. (from plant shipments).  How far north has anyone found established
populations in Florida?

Jody Thompson

>>> [log in to unmask] 07/25/04 10:48 PM >>>
Hello All:

I found a previously unencountered snail for my 'hood in south Tampa,
Florida, this morning. It was a nice Zachrysia provisoria (Camaenidae,
introduced from Cuba) crossing the sidewalk during my early stroll. I
have
seen these over in Pass-a-Grille and down in the Keys, but never here in
Hillsborough County. Is this a new record for this invader?

Yours, Andrew Vik