Date:
Mon, 23 Aug 2004 10:01:00 -0300
My university is using Linux on servers, so no viruses from it.
I hope soon i too will use this! Meanwhile, i use yahoo server
(which may send some spam... sorry).

Fabio Wiggers,
Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul - BRASIL

 --- Andrew Grebneff <[log in to unmask]>
escreveu:
> >Dear fellow malacologists:
> >In the last few months I received in excess of 100 spam and
> junk mail
> >including a virus or two !! My anti-virus programme does
> intercept viruses,
> >however, it is somewhat surprising that among the spam mail
> are also daily
> >E-mails from e-conf for instance from Arno Brosi, Mienis,
> Paul Monfils,
> >Vicky Wall, Andrew Grebneff, Linda Bush etc. I have to
> separate them from
> >the spam mail (which is a risk for the computer) and file
> them with "normal"
> >E-mails so that I am able to read them. It appears that other
> participants
> >of e-conf receive their mail in a similar fashion, which is
> the reason that
> >not all the mail will find its proper recipient...
> >Cheers,
> >Lubosh
>
> Er... what's e-conf when it's at home?
>
> My university server has been target for numerous viruses (it
> was the
> very first in the world to be hit by one of the bad ones
> recently),
> and this resulted in ongoing generation of spam... my own
> computer is
> a Mac and won't be touched by, nor send, spam/viruses. *I*
> won't send
> any either!
>
> The server has been fitted with new software which hopefully
> will
> cure the problem; it also rejects any incoming .exe and other
> virus-prone file types, so now it should be unable to send
> viruses.
> We hope!!
>
> I can'tsay that I've received any spam purportedly from any
> listee I
> recognize the name of. Of course spam sender's address doesn't
> have
> to be real... spammers know how to put in false sender
> addresses.
> --
> Andrew Grebneff
> Dunedin
> New Zealand
> Fossil preparator
> Seashell, Macintosh, VW/Toyota van nut

> [log in to unmask] - a forum for informal discussions on
> molluscs
> click leave the list.

Yahoo! Acesso Grátis - navegue de graça com conexão de qualidade!
http://br.acesso.yahoo.com/