Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 2004 09:57:45 -0700
Out of curiosity - Have you ever tried using cheap tooth paste instead of
comet.

I used to have a vibrasonic rock polisher and I found that it did an
exceptional job and was not quite a gritty.  Smelled better as well ( a lady
thing I guess)  and was easier to clean off the finished shells.  If shells
were in bad shape or had encrustations,  I did use comet for the first
session.  Old beach collected shells could actually get quite polished using
this method.  I did hundreds of cowries and asundry shells for an old boss
of mine who did craft work.

Avril Bourquin