From:
ross mayhew <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Mar 2005 19:13:49 -0400
Can anybody tell me where all the Conus granulatus have gone???  A few
years ago they were all over the place - very easy to obtain.  Yet,
these days i can't seem to find a supplier or even a stray specimen or
two to save my soul.  Is it a matter of strict collecting rules
demolishing the supply, or just that nobody is diving where they live
anymore, with an eye to collecting?  OR, are environmental factors such
as reef degredation responsible for their recent scarcity?

From the great soggy North,
Ross Mayhew.