From:
Bob Abela <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Sep 2005 23:43:20 +1000
Hello all,

Hoping someone on Conch-L can help with ID of two lovely little turrids.
I've gone through my references but keep coming up short.

The first may be a Daphnella but I'm not sure. It was found last weekend,
first I've seen of this species. It did not live long, so I lost out on the
opportunity to photograph it while alive. The foot was white, the siphon had
a black tip.
http://www.guamshellclub.org/images/turridae/daphnella_sp_343_01.jpg
Length: 14.6mm; Width: 5.8mm

The second appears to be a Lienardia.
http://www.guamshellclub.org/images/turridae/lienardia_sp_344_01.jpg
Length: 9.9mm; Width: 3.5mm

Any help is appreciated, even if it means placing to the appropriate genus.

Thanks,
Bob Abela
www.guamshellclub.org