From:
Chris Takahashi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Feb 2006 19:09:01 -0500
Aloha!
We all have bought shells from old collections. Many labels are old, some
disintegrating with time. I've recently been asked not to include old labels
with old items while others prefer it. Some are cautious because of the
Byne's effect with paper labels.

I have purchased & used the newest Brother label maker. The labels are
great! You can change the font, style, & size. Some models sinc with your
computer to access data files like Excel. The plastic tape has a adhesive
backing though I have no need for it. I prefer 1/2in black print on white
tape. Sizes range from 1/4 - 11/2 inches with different colors. Some shell
show exhibitors use this format for the ID labels. If there's a problem
corrections can be made in minutes.

For collection purposes I prefer the look & longevity of these labels. If
you still want to keep the original labels I suggest using zip-lock jewelry
bags. I always keep the original labels. New labels are sometimes required
for nomenclatural up-dates. Plus I like the neat look!
                                                    Mahalo!  CHRIS:)