From:
MR ART WEIL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jan 1998 13:41:23 -0500
Dear Y'all;-
    We appear to have had a number of people complain lately that we
are not discussing subjects they want to read about. Therefore, down
goes the gauntlet.
   How about suggesting topics that you WOULD like to see under
discussion. No matter what you are interested in, someone knows more
about it than I do. I'll start it out by suggesting a few things I'd
like to know more about:
   1. I'd like to more about Dr. Rowland Zeigler who gave us that
wonderful Olive book. Did any of you know him?
   2. I'd like to know the effect of river effluent on nearby marine
environments. Do they bring more nutrient or more pollutant into
marine systems? Are there "good" rivers and "bad" rivers? How far is
their effct felt?
   3. When we have a shell that is known from only one or two
specimens, should it go on the endangered species list? Or do we take
the position that we just haven't looked hard enough.
   That's a start. You can either add to this interest list or give
us your own.
            Art