From:
Bill Fenzan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Dec 2006 08:12:55 -0500
Dear Oliver,

Have you tried Animalbase.org or Gallica websites for scans of Adanson
(1757) and Lamark's (1819) works?  I went to Animalbase and searched using
the year of publication.  For both the work is available through the Gallica
site.  In Adanson I found about 10 pages listed as having a referenece to
"Patella".  I have a dial-up account, so did not take the time to look for
Patella nigra specifically.  I also found no plates.

In Lamarck, you need to select pagination from the options listed
horizontally across the top to navigate to page 329 in volume 6 (1819 volume
of Animaux sans Vertebrates).  There is no plate here, either, just a brief
description of Patella safiana.

Hope this helps.

Bill Fenzan
Norfolk, Virgina, USA