From:
Kurt Auffenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 08:56:46 -0400
Dear Wolfgang,

The only new reference was published (perhaps privately) by D. Wetherby and
W. Clench (posthumusly, for Clench) in the late 1970's.  It is a catalog of
the land snails of the DR.  No illustrations, just a catalog.  I never
really checked it out, but I would take it with some caution as far as
accuracy and completeness.  There was a connection to the Harvard
collection with publication and specimens so check with someone there for
details.  I don't have their email at hand.  I don't have the publication
either.  Other literature includes, the Bartsch paper mentioned by Tom
Watters, some early Weinland papars, F. G. Thompson in the 1960's and 70's,
Morrison's et al. paper on New World cyclophoroids, and Pilsbry's Manual of
Conchology for all the pulmonate families.  Good luck.  Let me know if you
need more information.

Kurt