From:
Helmut Nisters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Oct 1998 21:26:33 PDT
Dear Ross,

A subspecies has to be different from a species in almost 2 differences.
Since a certain date (I have to look for this day) it's no more allowed by
the international commision of nomenclature to describe a form a
variety you have to decide to describe a full species or a subspecies.
forms until that point of date are allowed to use but don't have any
specific value. In the next time I am looking for a better explanation
for you.
yours sincerly Helmut