From:
"Harry G. Lee, MD" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Oct 1998 21:44:37 -0400
Dear Emilio, Gary, et al.,

The answer is complete with the collaboration below.  I should point out
that (1) Jupiter isn't Neptune [he's Zeus (as in Ryssota zeus Jonas, 1842);
Poseidon is Neptune), (2) that I didn't know of Partula ganymedes [I had
translated ganymedes to hebes to cite the American landsnail Pupilla hebes
(Ancey, 1881)], (3) nor did I remember Jupiteria (see no. 1), and (4) I had
in mind Cerithiopsis io Dall and Bartsch, 1911 and the Venerid genus
Callista Poli, 1791.

Who said anything about "direct" derivation [e.g. Trivia europaea (Montagu,
1808)]?

Harry