From:
ferreter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jan 1998 16:00:02 -0500
Dr. Harry Lee, I wish I had the others, recently became interested in the
uniondae as fresh water mussels are becoming extinct at an alarming rate. I
am  mainly intrested in aquiring a collection of these before they're gone.
I plan to use the talents I've learned in trading to amass a big enough
collection so as to be able to present the whole to a museum where they can
be studied long after the wild species have died out. I mainly collect
conus and wil give up rare cones to aquire these extinct uniondae. Unlike
marine mollusca the fresh water bivalves have their beauty hidden
inside....Any suggestions even how abscure would be helpful. I plan to
obtain some ohio species very soon and if I get doubles I would certainly
forward extras to you if you are interested. Mark Bethke