From:
Ardeth Hardin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Nov 1998 20:59:31 -0600
I have heard the now famous "green snail" was not listed everywhere as
endangered because of the reasons Ross Mayhew gave.
I have a yellow Papuina pulcherrima  --yellow green tree snail.   I was
disappointed when I was told that dealers used to dip them in acid for
just a second and they would turn yellow.I have been tempted to try one.
Abbott's Compendium of Landshells says yellow forms are due to dry
conditions and tampering.  Can anyone tell me the difference in a
yellow green tree snail that has been tampered with and one that is
natural so I know which I have?  I assume tampering means chemically
changing the color in this instance.
Ardeth Hardin, Carrollton, Tx
or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]