From:
Kurt Auffenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Jan 1998 09:43:25 -0500
Guam is still infected with Achatina fulica in a big way!!  No program to
rid the island or any other island has worked to my knowledge.  Populations
are usually highly localized and may be transient . . . go through 'blooms'
and then disappear after a few years.  They are USUALLY associated with
agricultural pursuits and I have never seen them in highland habitats.
Kurt