From:
Tom Eichhorst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Dec 1998 14:39:57 -0700
ferreter wrote:

> since we have such a diverse group with at least one primary interest why
> don't we do a survey and see who's malacology web-site is the best ? sort of
> an unofficial pole of sorts. ?

No way would I touch that!  Even a list of the top ten would leave out too many
really nice sites.  I regularly flip through these sites to catch any updates
and new images.  Not making the list just might cause someone to abandon their
hard work.  Now after saying all of that, I do believe I will put a list of my
favorite sites in our club's next newsletter.  Just thinking about it now, I
came up with ten without even breaking a sweat -- all with images.  If I try
I'll bet I come up with twice that number.  Maybe the top site is Conch-L where
many of these other sites are brought to the attention of 300 some shellers.

Mark, hope your holiday was and is great.  I just finished setting up my new
telescoping lens with a light -- useful for old, failing eyesight and for some
of those impossibly some shells.

See ya,

Tom Eichhorst in New Mexico, USA