From:
Ardeth K Hardin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Jan 1999 11:47:24 -0600
To Jim Miller and Elizabeth
We are now on Sanibel and got my computer set up last night.  Have already
been shelling twice as the tides are a minus 8 and early morning at that.
There are always dead shells where you find live ones so not to worry that
you won't find shells even when there have been no storms
My friend  and I, not finding anything on the beach to speak of, went to
Blind Pass the last two mornings.  There were shells on the beach--baby's
ears, wentletraps, Florida Fighting Conchs and other little small shells
that one could take.   I took my video camera this morning after what all we
saw yesterday at Blind Pass.    I photographed olives burrowing in the sand
and their trails.  You learn to recognize all the trails after years of
shelling but my friend saw a trail and wanted to know what it was.  I didn't
know but said we'll find what is at the end of it.  It was a baby's ear.
Had never seen one move or bury before. It was awesome.    There were dead
shells there, lots of dead Kings crowns.    If you all want more information
as to where we shell please E-Mail me privately and/or call me at 472-8165
when you get to Sanibel.  I have a recorder and can leave message.  We are
at Periwinkle Campground.
My shell books are packed so am using common names.  'You will want to come
by the campground and see the birds that they
have here.  We are Floyd and Ardeth Hardin site 227.