From:
Lynn Scheu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 16:24:12 -0500
Hi Lynne and Zak,

A book on those beauties?  We only wish!  The closest thing we have:
Danker Vink did a series of articles in La Conchiglia years back which can
be very helpful, though many of the scads of new names are not included,
and some of the taxomomy has been changed. The articles (with lots of
pictures)  weren't in any one year, but scattered over several years'
issues.  Also, a number of the Petuch-named cones are described in La
Conchiglia in recent years.

Perhaps you could write to Maria Angioy (or maybe she is reading this
posting today?  Hi Maria?!) and ask her to list (maybe for all of us) the
Vink articles and what issues they are in? Her email address is:
<[log in to unmask] > If she can't do that, maybe I can track them all down.

Lynn Scheu
Louisville, KY
Home of the 1999 OA Convention

>Hi there All,
>We have Rockel & Co. Manual of Living Cones  Volume 1 : Indo-Pacific.
>Is there a similar book of ATLANTIC Cones?
>What would be the best similar book (or books), and where could we
purchase them, as there is not much available in South Africa.