From:
Sérgio Ávila <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 20:49:41 -0100
Dear Sirs

I am sorry in bothering you with this, but the deadline for my paper is
almost expired. From 44 persons to whom I have send this message, I only
received 3 answers...
I know that this may be a boring matter, but please, try to understand my
insistence.
I'm sending the old message once again, in the hope of getting more answers
this time.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Many thanks for your help.

Sérgio

The message is as follows:
"Hello
I am just finishing a paper concerning to the biogeographical analysis of
the shallow-water marine molluscs of the Azores and
I needed help about the geographic distribution of the following species in
the selected sites (see below):

Species:
Monophorus perversus (Linnaeus, 1758)
Manzonia crassa (Kanmacher, 1798)
Rissoa guerini Récluz, 1843
Assiminea eliae Paladilhe, 1875 (I think this is not the actual name)
Natica canrena Linnaeus, 1767
Nassarius nitidus (Jeffreys, 1867) = (?) Buccinum hepaticum Montagu, 1803
Bela menkhorsti van Aartsen, 1988
Ammonicera fischeriana (Monterosato, 1869)
Elysia ornata (Swainson, 1840) =  is this the actual name for this species?
Placida verticillata Ortea, 1981
Tambja ceutae Garcia-Gomez & Ortea, 1988
Fiona pinnata (Eschscholtz, 1831) (I know  it is cosmopolitan, but I need
its exact range)
Aeolidiella sanguinea (Norman, 1877)
Heteranomia squamala /Linnaeus, 1758)
Loligo forbesi Steenstrup, 1856

The sites are:
SCA-Scandinavian;
BEL - Belgium
BRI - British isles
BIS - Biscay gulf down to Galiza
POR - Portugal mainland
MED -  Mediterranean
MOR - Morocco and Mauritania
MAD - Madeira, Porto Santo, Desertas and Selvagens
CAN - Canary islands
CAP - Cape Vert archipelago
ASC - Ascension island
STH - Saint Helena
CAR - Caribbean

By the way, is it Lasaea adansoni (Gmelin, 1791) or Lasaea rubra (Montagu,
1803)?"

Once again, many thanks by all the help.

Sergio Avila, Dr.
Departament of Biology
Marine Biology Section
University of the Azores