From:
shelloak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 1999 12:09:47 -0600
I just have to add this one little thing about school.  There is nothing
wrong with learning at home, but think of all the things you are missing by
not going to school, you first are not learning how to interact with
people.  You miss out on all the many things that go on in school that you
are not being taught at home.  My son-in-law is a teacher in Sarasota, he
has the same problem with kids that do not want to learn, he calls himself
a gloriefied baby sitter.  He also try to forget about these "KIDS?"  and
teach the ones that really want to learn.  Soould he have to quit because
the parents do not teach their children how to behave, I think not, he is
one of the best in what he teaches. and I have hear this from different
people, my kid would not do that, how do you know, you are not in those
classes, you might try it some time go to the school and see just how your
kid behaves in class, you might change your minds.  The teacher tries to
teach, but he/she cannot do it all.  Off my soap box.  John Bernard
Tennessee