From:
Paul Callomon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 17:12:19 +0900
> Dear all, updates to page. I have added a new species(P. metivieri)

Yes, a plate from our book (Anseeuw & Goto, 1996) without acknowledgment. I
don't blame you, mind - Mr. Van den Bergh might need the rules of copyright
explaining to him.

I notice you put all the Recent species into Pleurotomaria. The type of
this genus is Trochus anglicus J. Sowerby, 1818, which is morphologically
quite different from any Recent slit shell. Opinions vary, but if you're
going to put them all in the same genus based on a fossil type then may I
suggest Bathrotomaria is much closer to the Recent species. Entemnotrochus
is definitely a separate genus, though; two Recent members (adansonianus
and rumphii).