From:
Lynn Scheu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Mar 1999 16:34:14 -0500
Welcome to Conch-L, Karen, we're glad to have you.

And thanks, Karen, and John, and Betty Jean and all you other people who
have been so kind as to send compliments, both privately and on Conch-L. It
was a tough issue to complete with all the convention preparations going on
here simultaneously, and just Gene Everson and Bobbie Houchin and me on the
spot!  Mailing was harder than usual and we had a LOT of production
problems, so your kind words are especially appreciated. My own thanks to a
great group of contributors, some really fine photographers, and Ross
Gundersen who made such a lot of difference!

Lynn Scheu
Louisville, Kentucky
Home of the 1999 COA Convention
Home of the One, the Only Sea Shell Derby, where the trophies are limited
editions.
Home of SuperSheller Gene Everson and The American Conchologist
Birthplace of Walter Sage
Home of the Giant Bat, Modjeskas, Kizito and Kentucky Hot Browns