From:
Karen Vanderven <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 17:04:08 -0500
Hi - I think you're right from a couple of perspectives.  There has
been a 'net decline" in engagement in hobbies, such as collecting stamps,
coins, shells, etc. in young people over recent years - advent of
electronic activity a major force. TV, computers, computer games.
Young people are more passive in their 'activity'.  I think the decline
is most regrettable ( such hobbies play a major role in development of
children, and in productive and enjoyable adulthood).  The role of
these factors in development is my specialty area as a university
faculty member). So- again, I agree with you.

Karen VV