Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 1999 19:44:19 -0500
NORA BRYAN wrote:

> Money is an issue to those of us who do not live near a coast.  It costs to
> travel to a coast, or to buy shells which are the two main options for those of
> us landlocked souls who were fortunately or unfortunately bitten by the
> "Shelling" bug.  However, we have been able to trade some with people who also
> collect fossils, because that is what we are lucky enough to have in our area.
>
> Bobbi Cordy wrote:
>
> > I do not think finances has anything to do with it.   We have NEVER bought a
> > shell!!
> > We have a private collection of over 7,000 species all self-collected or
> > traded with
> > people all over the world.   Trading shells has been soooo much fun and we
> > have met
> > so many wonderful people this way.  Many of the dealers will even trade.
> > Money should never be an issue here.
> >
> > We give our jr. club members shells all the time and also continuously give
> > our extras to our new members who are just getting into collecting.
> >
> > Jasna Peternel wrote:
> >
> > > Helo
> > >
> > > Into my opinion shell collecting does not depend on age
> > > but depends on his/her financial ability.As "older"people are
> > > financially stronger than younger it is natural that older collectors
> > > prevail.
> > >
> > > When I was a student sometimes I had to decide shall I buy some shell or
> > > shall I take my girlfriend to the cinema.Hard decision sometimes...
> > >
> > > Where I live,the population is only about 2 millions and I don't know
> > > any other collector from here.
> > > I'm 27 so the average age of collectors here(I'm the only one) is very
> > > good I think...
> > >
> > > Best regards,Milan
> >
> > --
> > Jim and Bobbi Cordy
> > of Merritt Island, Florida.
> >
> > Jim Specializes in Self-Collected
> > Caribbean & Florida Shells
> >
> > Bobbi in Shell Creations

What type of fossils do you have available?  Please e-mail privately and
maybe we can trade. Fossils would be great for me to use with the kids I
work with. I hope to have some nice assorted strombus, melongena
available soon along with some other types for trade when the tides and
time off work coincide, let me know. Thanks, Michael Huggins, Sunrise,
FL