From:
Bobbi Cordy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 23:40:19 -0500
Access will automatically number your species:

We use Family, Genus, Species, Sub-species, Author & Date, Locality, Date
collected or acquired, Collector, Size, Grade and Est. Value.

If you go into query - it will automatically total the value.

I just kinda learned as I went....haven't tried putting the photos in
yet.....maybe at a future time.

We have over 7,000 species to catalog and have only 1/3 of them done in over
a year.
We are taking each shell one a time in order to size, grade and put a value
on them.
It is a big job!  But I'm sure will be worth it when done.

I then ran hard copies to put in a 3 ring binder to take with us.  Only have
to rerun single pages occasionally as we add or subtract species.

We sorted ours by species in alphabetical order...since we are doing each
family separately.    You can sort any way you want.

--
Jim and Bobbi Cordy
of Merritt Island, Florida.

Jim Specializes in Self-Collected