From:
Sher Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 1998 10:53:31 +1100
Hello Paolo,
        my name is Sher, I have been a subsciber of Conch-L for about three weeks.
I am 25 and I've been collecting shells for as long as I can remember.  I
remember sorting through shell grit when I was 8, that my mother bought for
our chickens. I think they used to eat it and she bought it from the farm
supplies place in our local town which was called Pomona. (Queensland
Australia). I might ask my Mum if she still buys it for her chickens.
        I have only just begun catalogueing my shells  and most of them came from
my great grandfather who collected his shells when he was a lighthouse
keeper.   I might be able to send you some of my smaller shells as there
are quite a few of them and I havn't been able to identify them yet anyway,
 maybe if you like them you might send me a shell from Italy?  Anyway I'm
glad to see another young person new to Conch-L,  if you send me your
address I'll post out those small shells in the next few days, you can have
them and if you don't need or want them you could pass them on to another
collecter, I don't mind.

Look forward to hearing from you or reading your messages on Conch-L.
Sher