From:
Art Weil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 1999 18:15:00 -0800
There ought to be a law. There ought to be some board that can say:
"you can't name the shell williwilli because it is a stupid name." I
mean, naming a shell after your cat is one thing---but it's getting like
those people who develop streets and name them after their kids. You
wanna live on Buzzy Jo Terrace?
        We're in a war because of a name. What kind of momma names a kid
Slobadon? She musta hated kids. This kid had to go through school with
things like: "Hey Slob! Toss the ball then get you ass outa here." And
him thinkin' '--boy when I get to be prime minister---'
        Well you see what I mean.
        A name should mean something. It should be regal. It should be the best
you can think of. Gloria-Maris! Generalensis! Californicus! Who's going
to respond to: "wanna see my anabathrum?"
        anon