From:
"Frank S. Walker" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Apr 1999 22:36:20 EDT
This may already have been posted, but since I have only been on the list for
a short time, I will take a chance that it has not been posted.

Recently received this from a very good contact in Albany W. Australia:

"I was under the impression that you wanted only the one eludens the other is
still here if you want it can be sent with your next lot and after the rather
large cyclone that hit Exmouth last month they will be in very short supply
for two or three years. Exmouth the town is still closed to all visitors and
it is anybody's guess what has happened to the ocean floor in the shallow
reef areas. Winds were 290 klm gusting to 350 klm the largest storm to ever
hit the Australian mainland, a sign of the times." My friend indicated that
over 50% of the town had serious damage and 125 homes were ruined. As of a
few days ago the town was still closed to outsiders.

There are many nice shells that come from this area and I have no idea what
will actually happen to the value of shells from this area, but I can only
guess. At least when nature does it's damage in an area, it can usually
recover over time. Not so with the so called progress of man.

Frank Walker
Gems From The Sea
72 Peltier Street, Marlborough, MA 01752 USA
BUY - SELL - TRADE - Gift Certificates Available
"Quality Specimen Sea Shells & Shell Crafts"
(508) 481-7491; Fax: (508) 624-9778; out-of- state 1-800-497-3601
E-mail: [log in to unmask]   Web Site: http://surf.to/seagems
We accept ALL major credit cards!