From:
"Harry G. Lee, MD" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 18:36:22 -0400
Dear Helmut,

Tell the Conch-L'ers that the Vertigo spp. (below) are the only sinistral
members of that cosmopolitan genus and that V. pusilla is the type of the
Vertigo Müller, 1774 (I cloned the umlaut from Helmut's text).  I hope this
disclosure will spur demand.

Harry

At 04:21 PM 4/12/99 PDT, you wrote:
>I've to give away the following Vertigos:
>
>Vertigo angustior Jeffreys, 1830
>   A - Innsbruck S, Schloss (castle) of Ambras, in park, on walls under
>         ivy, sorted out from mould, 23. 5. 1998, very nice specimens, very
>         fresh, good brown color
>   available 7 lots with 20 specimens each
>

>Vertigo pusilla O. F. Müller, 1774
>    the same locality, very fresh too, nice specimens
>    available 5 lots with 20 specimens each
>
>Valloniidae
>Vallonia costata (O. F. Müller, 1774)
>    the same locality, nice ribbed specimens
>    available 5 lots with 20 specimens each
>
>Who is coming first, will get it first
>
>with best shelling greetings
>
>Helmut Nisters
>Franz-Fischer-Str. 46
>A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Europe
>phone and fax: 0443 / 512 / 57 32 14
>e-mail: [log in to unmask]
>url: www.netwing.at/nisters/
>
>or
>
>Natural History Department of the
>Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum Innsbruck
>malacological collection
>Feldstr. 11a
>A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Europe
>phone: 0043 / 512 / 58 72 86-37

Harry G. Lee
mailto: [log in to unmask]
Suite 500, 1801 Barrs Street
Jacksonville, FL  32204
U. S. A.    904-384-6419
Visit the Jacksonville Shell Club Home Page at:
http://home.sprynet.com/sprynet/wfrank/jacksonv.htm