From:
"Sylvia S. Edwards" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 18:00:47 -0500
Don't know about tornadoes in Cincinnati, but if one of our Huntsville ones
are on the way, I forget all about shells - I grab my computer backup tapes,
my little heat-resistant strong box with important papers, my purse, and
yell for the dog to follow me.

Now hurricanes give you a little more warning - I've evacuated 3 times in
one year for those.  We spent most of the time preparing the house for a
hit, and then headed for a shelter.  Since you are very limited in what you
can take to a shelter, we loaded all vehicles down with things (including
pets) that stayed in the vehicles while we were in the shelter.  It was no
fun even 40 miles from the coast, going out during the night to walk the dog
and check on 3 cats. One Labor Day weekend, with guests, we lead a caravan
of four vehicles to a shelter, which included the Doberman, 3 cats, 6 people
and a baby complete with playpen, bottles, diapers, all that stuff.

Sylvia S. Edwards
Huntsville, Alabama