From:
Karen Vanderven <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Apr 1999 11:47:05 -0400
Jim Miller's message sent me scurrying to my scaphella species,
collection, which seems to have a number of them, e.g. junonia,
junionia butleri, dubia, dohrni, schmitti, gouldiana, kieneri,
georgiana, robusta,--- but no johnstonae. Anyone know how I could
get one, buy or trade ?  ( I might add, that except for pieces of
junionia that are in my  "look and weep" box, I found none of these;
they were gifts or purchased from some of the fine dealers on this list.

There's a story as to why I love scaphella - Many years ago as a
young teenager, on a family vacation to Ft Myers Beach, FL, I was
introduced  to a lovely woman I remember as Mrs. H. Taylor Raines.
(I believe of 'conus rainesae' fame).  She showed me her spectacular
collection which included a case of various scaphallae - I have
as an adult tried to re-create it but of course have not come even
close.  What was wonderful too was that she gave me a gift: The most
beautiful, creamy junionia I have - it even still has a little
number label stuck on it that she had put there.

Karen
VV