Date:
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 14:28:18 -0400
Gijs C. Kronenberg wrote:

> Dear Andrew,
>
> There is such a thinbg as page priority in the code. Not literally
> mentioned by  the ICZN but implied. Therefore, I shall quote literally:
>
> Recommendation 24A. Action of first reviewer. - In acting as first reviewer
> in the meaning of this Article, an author should choose the name, homonym,
> spelling or nomenclatural act that will best serve stability and
> universality of nomenclature. If none of these have any special advantage
> of this sort, or any other special appropriateness, and they occur in the
> same work, the author should select that which appears first.
>
> (3rd edition, the one currently in use, p. 53)
cut....

Hello!

Hi,

I suppose the ICZN "drafters" thought this out very well. "That which
appears first" may not necessarily be correlated to a page but to the
order of appearance, such as, first of several paragraphs on the same
page or to a first appearance on a table/figure layout on a single page.

Later,

Emilio Jorge Power