From:
Lynn Scheu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 May 1999 10:55:01 -0400
Tom, Dominic and all,

I THINK Jeff Schroeder is not charging for his data base.  Maybe costs
only?  And it is really nice! Fun to use and work-saving. And really
attractive. He created it for his wife Lori's collection (she's a fairly
new collector and is starting out right!) a collection which she is
expecting to expand considerably at the COA Convention in Louisville this
year. (Didn't I work that one in nicely?)   I am waiting to get my new
computer to try Seabase out on my own collection (such as it is anymore,
with the "spare time activities" I seem to have taken on).

All for now...this note is already more parenthetical stuff and signature
than not!

Lynn Scheu
Louisville KY, near the home of Seabase Conchological Database which is in
Bardstown, KY. BTW, we have one of our convention field trip planned to
Bardstown, Kentucky, a beautiful small town about 30 miles SE of
Louisville. Bardstown is the center for a lot of fine attractions,
including the antebellum mansion, "My Old Kentucky Home" State Park where
Stephen Foster wrote the state song; Maker's Mark Distillery and National
Historical Site, a really fine Civil War Museum, and nearby Perryville
Civil War Battlefield (Western Theater); St. James Protocathedral; the
Kentucky Dinner Train and nearby KY Railway Museum; beautiful old homes;
some of the state's best country hams (try Keanes' country ham...not at all
that salty blackened stuff! Heavenly! I'm a convert, and expect/fear it
might be made from Flying Pigs, fattened on all that Cincinnati birdseed!);
tons of fine antiquing, and  of course, Seabase!