Date:
Mon, 10 May 1999 10:38:27 -0400
Patty Jansen wrote:
> snip...

I would concur on the suggestion to always have someone along. We are
taught from childhood about the buddy system.  Once on a trip to the
Clearwater area I had a stingray puncture the top of my left foot. If I
hadn't had someone to drive me to get care I don't know what I would
have done.  No, a stringray would is not fatal but it is the worst,
burning pain I have ever felt, and I've felt some pain in my life.  For
awhile I couldn't think straight and would not have functioned well if I
would have hed to drive.
If you must go alone, try to cover as many possible contingencies as you
can. I try to make sure I have a small first aid kit, cell phone,
compass and water.  Also I'm going to keep alittle Adolphs' meat
tenderiser on hand in areas where stingrays might be.
Thank you, Good Luck to all....  Michael Huggins, Sunrise FL