From:
Helmut Nisters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 May 1999 23:42:53 PDT
Dear Conchlers, Dear Andrew, Dear Aydin

This is a nice point to continue police stories. I have been
collecting about 10 years ago in Berchtesgaden near the
famous Königssee and the village of the famous German
toboggas. I collected along a street wall with also with boxes,
plastic bags and tweezers, as the police came and asked me
"What are you doing ? We have got a phonecall from a person
who told us that there is a conspicuous person." I had the passport in the hotel, but a letter from the museum, which I
mostly take with me. They looked at this letter and salutated
and went away.

Sometimes it's important to have a letter with you. When I have
been to St. Petersburg and Moscow some years ago, the
customs officer opened all the suitcases of the passengers
to control them throwing all together without to pack it again,.
what have to do the passengers of the plane and the persons
of our group. Now I was me and the customs officer began to
open my suitcase and throwing again all together. In this suitcase
was also a paperbox with inlandshells for the museum of
the Academy of Science in St. Petersburg for Dr. Likharev
and for the other malacologists. 'When they asked me what
was in this box I showed them a letter of the Russian Ambassadory in Vienna, where all have been explained and
what I am doing. They salutated and packed my suitcase.
They packed my suitcase and not from the other passengers
who had to pack for theirselves. Also nice to tell

with best shelling greetings
Helmut

Helmut Nisters
Franz-Fischer-Str. 46
A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Europe
phone and fax: 0443 / 512 / 57 32 14
e-mail: [log in to unmask]
url: www.netwing.at/nisters/

or

Natural History Department of the
Tiroler Landesmuseum Ferdinandeum Innsbruck
malacological collection
Feldstr. 11a
A-6020 Innsbruck / Austria / Europe
phone: 0043 / 512 / 58 72 86-37