Date:
Thu, 3 Jun 1999 00:35:07 EDT
I happened to be present at a meeting in Spanish Fort, Alabama when the
relocation of these freshwater mussels was presented simply as an idea and
the basic plan was formulated.  As I remember the particular site on the
Tennessee River was chosen because  1)  it contained suitable habitat and
2) host fish were known to be present for at least some of the species under
consideration.  This is truly an exciting and historical occasion.

Doug Shelton
Alabama Malacological Research Center
2370-G Hillcrest Road #236
Mobile, AL 36695  USA